Using the Scrawl Widget
- Locate the widget screen on either the lock screen or in Notification Center.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the circular button marked “Edit”.
- On the screen that appears, locate Scrawl.
- If the button next to Scrawl’s icon is green, tap it to add Scrawl to your widgets. If the button next to Scrawl’s icon is red, it’s already added.
Using the Scrawl App
Type text into it. If you don’t want that text any more, delete it. That’s basically the whole app. I don’t know what more you want from me.
If you need help with Scrawl, want to berate me for making such a dumb app, or just need some fleeting human contact, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t go selling that e-mail to spammers, phishers, or recruiters; I won’t be very happy with you.
Okay, get this. An iPhone and an iPad walk into a bar. Someone types a note into the iPhone. Hours go by. Nothing happens on the iPad.
…what a joke, right?
We’ve made Scrawl (slightly) less of a joke now by adding iCloud support! If you’re signed into iCloud on multiple devices, your latest note will be waiting for you the next time you launch Scrawl.
Also, there was a bug where the widget wouldn’t update if you typed too fast. Focus groups didn’t respond well to a “please type slower” banner, so we just fixed the bug instead.
First release of the Mac app!
Can’t get enough of these awesome release notes? Check out our older work.
Scrawl app icon based on: “quill” by Gregor Cresnar from the Noun Project. Modifications were made. If it you don’t like it, blame me, not Gregor.